Anxious, panicky, worried, troubled, stressed, nervous, tense. Whatever word you want to use here as a label…here are 12 thoughts you can relate to and take solace in the fact that you are not alone.
- The overwhelming sense of embarrassment or anger when people tell you to ‘chill’
- The absolute dread of having to reply to a message on the group chat or making a post on social media
- Reading about a life-threatening disease and developing all the symptoms with the hour
- ‘I’m rubbish and I’m going to be sacked at any moment’
- The intensely immense feeling of not being able to speak up in a work or social setting
- The prominent and persistent feeling of being out of place or inadequate and incompetent in your surroundings, kinda like a whale washed up on the shore
- The frustration of having the same thoughts over and over again, knowing you haven’t dealt with them which is why they are still there eating away at the back of your brain. You know, the ones that hit you just before you want to go to sleep.
- Catoptric tristesse- from the Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows- defines the sadness that you’ll never really know exactly what other people think of you. Does anyone even actually like you? Do they really cos we can never ACTUALLY be sure
- Not being able to lose yourself in a task or situation because you’re too aware of yourself and your environment. Being able to say ‘oh my goodness, where did the time go?’ and TRULY mean it is a joy.
- Instigating plans with friends and the instantaneous regret felt when they actually accept
- Hearing the god-awful sentence, ‘now let’s go round the room and say a fun fact about ourselves.’ Is this an actual joke? Who enjoys this please? Also, why is there no google results with a list of fun facts for people to use for this very situation? Believe me, I’ve tried!
- Not caring whether the glass is half full or half empty but caring more about not dropping it
Love always, The Humble Avocado x x